Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Roundup

What did you do this weekend? It is pretty much too cold to function here in Toronto, yet for some of this weekend I actually managed to leave my condo and do things.

On Friday I saw The King's Speech, which was fantastic. Colin Firth definitely deserved that Best Actor Golden Globe—at times I had phantom throat pain watching his character struggle with words. A touching story, wonderfully acted. Plus there is the fun bonus of getting to see all your favourite British actors in one place. It was like a Harry Potter reunion in there.

Then yesterday I went to a board games party at the lovely home of Vicki Essex, our neighbourhood favourite romance novelist (look for Her Son's Hero in July!). A board games party, you say? What a bunch of nerds. Well, obviously. If you're not interested in settling the grand nation of Catan, then I am not interested in you. It was kind of exhausting, though. Pic courtesy of this lady.

Today I stayed in and did absolutely nothing. I have to make some concessions to the cold, you see. Tonight I plan to work on some writing. Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pimpage! I had a blast settling Catan and eating until my gut hurt.

    ReplyDelete