Friday, December 4, 2009

Where am I? What is this? What's going on? (An introduction)

My name is Stephanie, and I am not a teenager. But I have a confession to make: I love teen novels. I tried to deny this love for a time, focusing on “real” literature: classics, poetry, nonfiction. I still read and enjoy all of these genres, and really most any kind of book, but my affection for fiction about high school drama and teen romance demands to be acknowledged.

My aim with this blog is to write about what I’m reading. (A more obvious sentence has never before been written.) The plan is to revisit the books I loved and/or hated as a young adult and see what I think of them now, with a few added years of reading and world experience, not to mention a very expensive English degree. I know already that I will not be able to limit myself to books from the past, however, so I will also occasionally read a contemporary YA book.

Enjoy!


P.S. Do me a favour and forgive how terrible this blog will likely look at first. I am pretty bad (ha! understatement) at this brave new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment